Dentist Day

I had to take the girls to the dentist today as they have both had abscesses in their mouths over the last few days, and I needed to get them checked out. They are both on anti-biotics to get rid of the infection, but generally the dentist doesn't seem too worried. Rachel got an abscess because her big teeth are coming in, and so he said that I could expect to see more in the future, and that I don't have to worry unless it is too painful for her. While she was in he suggested that we seal her permanent teeth at the back to prevent holes in the future...so this is what they look like now...

Amanda is getting abscesses at the back of her mouth as her last molar on the top right is stuck on the other tooth and causing infection. He is going to x-ray tomorrow and then file the other tooth down a bit to make space for it to push past. He doesn't want her to have head-gear to rectify the problem, but says that I will need to watch it in the future...so tomorrow she will go to get that done and at the same time he will seal her teeth as well. We are so blessed to have been referred to a fantastic dentist who the girls really liked, so hopefully when they get older they won't dread going to the dentist as much as I do. Who knows, I might even be cured of my phobia of dentist...

0 comments:



Post a Comment